HSIP904 – Advanced Practice Development
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Advanced Practice Development
This module enables students to consolidate an advanced area of practice and engage in focused practice development within health or social services. Students will focus on creative and reflexive learning strategies to develop more innovative, resilient and collaborative practice with a specific community or population.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Articulate an advanced area of practice for a defined health or social practice population.
Critically examine the potential for capability development and practice advancement within a specific professional and service context.
Develop strategies and resources for collaboration, teamwork and ongoing capability development in advanced professional roles.
Use a reflexive approach to supervision and mentoring relationships to foster capability development within the interprofessional practice community.
- -Defining advanced areas of practice within interprofessional teams
-Population health and service delivery trends in health and social care
-Conceptual frameworks for advanced, specialist and expert practice
-Competence, capability and role adequacy at the advanced level
-Clinical and professional supervision and mentoring relationships in advanced practice
-Reflexive strategies and digital platforms for ePortfolio development
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will include workshop sessions, online activities and practice mentorship and supervision. Lecturers will engage students in critically reflexive discussions about their practice. The online learning activities will include discussion forums for reflection on capability development, case reviews and reflexive strategies for professional growth. Resources to support the synthesis of professional practice knowledge and skills will be developed online within the student's area of advanced practice. Relationships with professional supervisors, practice mentors and interprofessional colleagues will also enhance capability development.
- Assessment Criteria
- PortfolioReflexive practice development portfolio100