Evidence-Based Practice Project
This module focuses on the development of a supervised evidence-based project in which students will choose a specific issue related to their area of practice. Students will critically explore, analyse and articulate the findings that result from this enquiry.
- Learning Outcomes
- Scope, initiate and manage an evidenced based project within a specific area of practice.
Critically explore transformative, evidence based approaches to managing practice problems and challenges.
Construct and implement a methodological approach drawing on relevant conceptual frameworks and resources to inform the project.
Evaluate primary research and other sources of evidence to inform solutions to practice problems.
Present a critical exploration of the process and outcomes of the project for publication.
- -Defining an area of practice and scoping the practice problem or challenge
-Practice scholarship, relevant research methodologies and evidence bases
-Transformative, evidence based enquiry methods
-Supervision relationships and processes
-Project reporting and publication strategies
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- In consultation with academic staff, students will select a topic and a supervisor will be allocated to the student. The supervision process will include assistance with selecting and scoping the topic, planning the project, managing the project, and presenting the findings as recommendations for practice. The student will be required to meet regularly with their appointed supervisor and attend project workshops.
- Assessment Criteria
- Project Final report (10,000 words)100