HSIP810 – Professional Supervision 1
Professional Supervision 1
This module aims to enable students to develop knowledge and skills in supervision. Students will define the scope of supervision in a variety of fields of practice and critically evaluate its practice in professional, organisational, cultural, ethical and legal contexts. It aims to cultivate supervisors who can support, challenge and facilitate reflective learning in professional practitioners.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Critically analyse the nature and purpose of professional supervision in terms of its role, relationships, context, task and process.
Locate supervision within professional and organisational contexts and activities.
Critically examine the legal and ethical responsibilities in supervision.
Apply theoretical concepts to supervision practice.
Demonstrate competent supervisory skills which promote reflection, safe and ethical practice and professional growth, and development in supervisees.
Critically review supervision practice and provide feedback to others.
- -Definition, functions, role, tasks and modes of supervision
-Professional relationships in supervision
-Learning and reflective practice in supervision
-Professional and organizational contexts
-Power relationships in supervision
-Practice and critique of supervision skills
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods in this web enable module include: face to face and online sessions including lectures, tutorials, group activities, discussion, independent learning, and assignments. Inquiry based teaching approaches will engage students in learning activities that draws on practice experiences, facilitating knowledge and skill development within their area of practice.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment 1 Working Statement: Critical review of supervision practice in contemporary settings. 20
Assessment 2 Essay - the supervision relationship. 30
Assessment 3 Video/digital recording and written critique of a supervision practice session.