HORT506 – Tree Inspection
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student's knowledge and competency in carrying out tree inspections.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Assess trees for potential hazards and recommend appropriate remedial action.
Assess condition of specified trees.
Assess significance of trees.
Identify and specify tree maintenance requirements.
- oTree assessed size and potential for tree or parts to fail
oArea around tree assessed in relation to potential to affect tree
oTree Hazards identified
oActions recommended to deal with hazards
oTree condition assessed, vigour and growth, vitality, comparisons to others
oTree significance analysed, features, significance, contribution to landscape, value, negative impacts
oMaximising tree asset potential, specifying asset tree maintenance
- Teaching and Learning Strategi
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including; workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, on-line learning, work integration, and independent research for the creation of portfolios of evidence of learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50 in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks.