HORT505 – Plan and Manage Tree Work
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Plan and Manage Tree Work
The aim of this module is to develop student's knowledge and competence in assessing and planning tree work required, and managing its completion.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Assess tree work required and formulate a plan and procedures for its timely completion.
Manage the completion of assessed tree work as planned.
- oAnalyse work required, climbing techniques, stability, structural soundness, internal decay
oJob quoting and costing according to analysis
oDocumenting required work in specification
oPlan work scheduling, timing of resources as specified
oArrange resources required; arboriculture tools and equipment, skills of people involved or specialised services
oSite hazards assessed, plan created
oWork site safety and risk mitigation
oManage completion of work; instruct workers, procedures followed, standards, codes of practice, workplace procedures adhered to
oPublic services, utilities addressed where relevant
oWork completed safely, to specification, site is left tidy as agreed
oTree maintenance programming
oHealth and Safety
- Teaching and Learning Strategi
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including; workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, on-line learning, work integration, and independent research for the creation of portfolios of evidence of learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50 in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks.