HORT344 – Amenity Machinery
The aim of this module is to develop student’s knowledge and skill in the use and maintenance of small powered amenity machinery and equipment.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate understanding of the safe use and application of powered amenity machinery and equipment
Select, and use small powered amenity machinery and equipment according to workplace procedures
Maintain small powered amenity machinery and equipment in accordance with workplace procedures
- - Mowing equipment, types, and safe use
- Powered amenity equipment, types and safe use; walk behind rotary hoe, line trimmer, hedge trimmer, brush cutter, lawn edge trimmer, blower, pole saw
- Selection of powered machinery for use and site
- Equipment operation; safe use, manufacturer’s instructions, PPE requirements
- Recording use and maintenance actions
- Post use checks and maintenance
- Specialist input requirements; identification, recording and reporting
- Storing machinery and equipment
- Waste collection and treatment from cleaning and maintenance; dispose or recycle
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. In order to pass this module, students must attempt and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face-to-face and online sessions including tutorials, workshops, group activities, discussion, workbooks, independent learning, and assignments.