HORT343 – Amenity Hard Assets
Amenity Hard Assets
The aim of this module is to develop student’s knowledge and skill in care and routine maintenance of amenity hard assets.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Check, and carry out routine care and maintenance of, amenity hard assets in accordance with workplace procedures
- - Checking hard assets; gates, fences, seats, bins, signage, paths, playground equipment, water features, ponds, carparks
- Care and maintenance required; scope of own role or use of specialist contractor
- Selection of tools and equipment required
- Selection and use of appropriate PPE
- Care and maintenance of hard assets
- Reporting and recording actions undertaken
- Tool maintenance and storage, PPE storage
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face-to-face and online sessions including tutorials, workshops, group activities, discussion, workbooks, independent learning, and assignments.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. In order to pass this module, students must attempt and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard.