HORT324 – Managing First Aid in Emergency Situations
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Managing First Aid in Emergency Situations
The aim of this module is to develop student’s ability to manage first aid in emergency situations.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Manage first aid in emergency situation
- - Assess major injuries, medical conditions and emergency situation
- Acceptable First Aid Practices
- Manage injury and/or condition; fracture with complications, burns (thermal, chemical, electrical), major wounds, internal bleeding, head injuries, suspected spinal injuries, medical condition (severe allergic reaction, heat emergency, cold emergency)
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face-to-face and online sessions including tutorials, workshops, group activities, discussion, workbooks, independent learning, and assignments.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. In order to pass this module, students must attempt and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard.