HORT322 – Safety near Electric Lines
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Safety near Electric Lines
The aim of this module is to develop students knowledge of safety requirements when working near electricity supply lines.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards involved in tree work near electrical lines and equipment.
Demonstrate knowledge of safety requirements for tree work near electrical lines and equipment.
- - Electrical features and terms and electrical theory and their hazards
- Hazards and injuries caused
- Transmission and distribution of electricity
- Networks and voltage carried
- Transmission and distribution network hardware
- Codes of practice and safety requirements
- Safe working distances
- Network requirements for tree work
- Hazard identification
- First aid procedures appropriate to electrical incidents
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, and creation of portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks.