HORT102 – Provide Life Support
Provide Life Support
The aim of this module is to develop students ability to provide basic life support.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Provide basic life support
- - Dangers identified; electrocution, drowning, fire, hazardous chemicals, biological risks, presence of bodily fluids, weather, road traffic
- Collapsed person assessment; responsiveness, airway, breathing
- New Zealand Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation
- Management of collapsed person condition; airway patency, breathing support, circulation support, accessing and attaching AED
- Management of foreign body airway obstruction in adult or child or infant
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face-to-face and online sessions including tutorials, workshops, group activities, discussion, workbooks, independent learning, and assignments.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. In order to pass this module, students must attempt and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard.