The aim of this module is to provide students with the knowledge, technology skills and practices to support tertiary study towards their specialist pathway in the creative industries
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Locate, select and analyse key concepts relevant to a specific creative industry pathway.
2.Apply skills to be able to select and apply appropriate tools to complete academic tasks and problems.
3.Use a range of tools and media to support tertiary study.
This module contributes to the achievement of the following Graduate Outcome(s):
Locate, select and analyse relevant information from a variety of sources and apply to context-relevant tasks and problems.
Work independently and collaboratively on context-relevant academic tasks and problems.
Construct a reasoned and researched argument, communicated using a range of appropriate media.
- Digital tools and applications
Career pathway-specific technology, skills, knowledge and practices
Transferrable skills: problem solving, decision making, researching, teamwork
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Students will gain knowledge, skills, capabilities and attitudes by participating in classroom and practical sessions that may include face to face tutor led targeted teaching sessions; tutor demonstrations; collaborative group activities and discussions; student seminars and/or presentations; simulated activities and role plays; guest speakers; and practical workshops. All teaching and learning will be web-supported
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass this module, students must attempt each component and achieve an overall pass grade of 50%.