GEDU407 – Directed Project
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to enable students to research, design and carry out a project aligned with their identified career goals.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Identify a project aligned with a career goal.
Develop a project plan and expected outcomes.
Undertake the project and report on key findings.
- -Transferrable skills; interpersonal skills, managing self, teamwork, time management, initiative, responsibility, reliability, communication skills, conflict resolution
-Professional practice attributes; problem solving; decision-making, researching, professional and ethical behaviours
-Career specific skills and knowledge relevant to a range of career pathways
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Conferencing with Foundation and subject specialists will form a core component of this module. Students will also gain knowledge, skills, capabilities and attitudes by participating in classroom and practical sessions that may include face to face tutor led targeted teaching sessions; tutor demonstrations; collaborative group activities and discussions; student seminars and/or presentations; simulated activities and role plays; guest speakers; and practical workshops. All teaching and learning will be web-supported.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio 100
The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass this module, students must attempt each component and achieve an overall pass grade of 50.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- A full set of resources will be issued for this module, including course work and assessment materials, a list of recommended/required texts/library books, and web-based resources. Students will also be encouraged to use the library and other resources that can be accessed at Wintec.