EDUC0708 – Manu Taratahi
To demonstrate sustained learning and the impact this has on early childhood education teaching and learning in real world contexts.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to:
1. Effectively integrate theory and practice and will synthesise their learning across the degree programme.
2. Select and validate real world early childhood education problems and design and implement solutions appropriate for their contexts.
3. Implement and critically appraise how their solution enhances positive learning outcomes for children and make links to the ways their programme of study has impacted on these.
- • Early childhood education theory and practice.
• Synthesise learning across the standards, drawing from their journey while undertaking the Bachelor of Teaching (ECE)
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Design Thinking; Project-based learning; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Academic staff with relevant qualifications, knowledge and skills in early childhood education
• Specialist guest speakers
• Web enhancement
• Appropriate classroom
• Agreement with Field-based Practice placement to support student with their study commitments
• Noho marae, face to face, Wananga, online, blended, self-directed, applied learning
- Recommended Readings
- Relevant required and recommended readings and resources will be updated annually prior to delivery of the module to ensure currency of the literature and resources. The annual required and recommended reading list will be provided to the students in Bachelor of Teaching (Early Years) annual Booklist and Student Module Booklet.