EDUC0608 – Pedagogy in Practice
Pedagogy in Practice
To explore and apply learning theories, teaching strategies and subject knowledge relevant to early childhood education.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to:
1. Research and analyse key human development and learning theories that inform their developing early childhood teaching practice and pedagogy.
2. Select and apply relevant pedagogical content knowledge appropriate for their early childhood education context.
3. Plan and assess for learning informed by curricula and pedagogical knowledge.
- • Pedagogy in early childhood education.
• Human development and learning theories.
• Early childhood education teaching strategies and techniques.
• Pedagogical content knowledge in relation to curricula and the local context.
• Design for learning and assessment informed by curricula and pedagogical knowledge.
• Unpacking the standards for the teaching profession and understanding the code of professional responsibility.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Inquiry-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices; Reflective Practice.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Academic staff with relevant qualifications, knowledge and skills in early childhood education
• Specialist guest speakers
• Web enhancement
• Appropriate classroom
• Agreement with Field-based Practice placement to support student with their study commitments
• Face to face, Wananga, online, blended, self-directed, applied learning
- Recommended Readings
- Relevant required and recommended readings and resources will be updated annually prior to delivery of the module to ensure currency of the literature and resources. The annual required and recommended reading list will be provided to the students in Bachelor of Teaching (Early Years) annual Booklist and Student Module Booklet.