To enable students to critically research, curate, create and integrate content in response to users’ needs. This module is complementary to Design 710 with each course containing discrete topics and projects.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – high Project, Inquiry and Studio based learning. Other methods will involve online activities, portfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Act and think independently through a critically reflective process
2. Demonstrate a broad range of creative solutions in constrained, complex, and ambiguous contexts
3. Critically select and apply appropriate design tools and practices in response to a project brief
4. Pitch creative ideas to relevant stakeholders in a professional capacity
- • Domain history and precedent
• Contextual research skills
• Domain-specific tools and practices
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Problem solving skills
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and client presentation spaces.
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.