The course will introduce learners to fundamental aspects of surface pattern design, enabling learners to develop skills to produce a body of surface pattern design work for varied applications and audiences within design industry and artistic practice.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of established codes and conventions in surface pattern design
2. Develop a process for reflectively addressing a visual situation in surface pattern design
3. Demonstrate the ability to practice, analyse and reflect on surface pattern design process for a range of different target audiences and applications
- • Surface pattern design principles and techniques
• Technical and industrial processes and set up
• Contextual research
• Critical thinking skills
• Generating and developing ideas in a surface pattern design project
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.