To introduce students to the fundamentals of motion graphics. The course will cover a range of motion graphic tools and practices to enable students to effectively communicate through the animation of text and images.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, portfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Critically select and apply appropriate motion graphic tools and practices
2. Analyse codes and conventions of motion graphics
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process
- • History of animation
• Motion design process overview
• Principles of motion
• Narrative and time-based composition
• Communication through movement, image, and text
• Contextual Research
• Technical Skills
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.