DFNZ601 – Design Thinking Launchpad
Design Thinking Launchpad
This module aims to develop a foundational understanding of Design Thinking and associated problem-solving approaches, tools and strategies, and to apply them to real-world challenges. It focusses on cultivating creative thinking and human-centered approaches with students, and developing their ability to work in a team. Students will experience facilitated learning in a dedicated holistic learning space. Working in interdisciplinary teams, students will apply their knowledge and skills to a global challenge in the local context.
- Not Web enabled
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Apply Design Thinking to solve problems.
2. Analyse and integrate responses to global contexts in a local real-world challenge.
3. Exercise self-motivation, critical reflection, and accountability in independent and collective situations.
4. Strategically organise and present findings and solutions, and communicate them effectively with stakeholders
- • Design Thinking Framework – empathy and analysis, defining the problem, ideation, prototyping, user testing, delivery.
• Tools and strategies for Design Thinking
• Regional challenges and contextualisation
• Social, cultural, historical, global and political contexts for a given problem.
• Storytelling in various contexts
• Project Management
• Personal development, group processes and teamwork
• Communicating ideas to a range of stakeholders
- Assessment Criteria
- Students must complete all components and achieve a minimum grade of 50% to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – including facilitation, coaching, interviewing and observation, guest lecturers, interdisciplinary teamwork, co-creation workshops, independent study, self-reflection, prototyping activities, user testing, storytelling and presentations.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading and resource list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.