To enable the students to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to cook and present a range of patisserie dishes, including breads and yeast goods, employing complex preparation and presentation techniques in accordance with industry standards and professional practice.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Prepare, cook and present a range of dishes associated with patisserie, employing
complex preparation and presentation techniques in accordance with industry standards.
2: Maintain appropriate standards of professional behaviour and practice in the workplace.
- - Development of practical patisserie, bakery skills and methods; preparation and presentation
- Breads and Yeast Goods
- Pastry Dishes
- Cakes and Sponges
- Health and Safety, food safety and security practices
- Professional behaviour and practice attributes: reliability, punctuality, communication skills,
teamwork, professional appearance, and personal presentation.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face to face and web-supported sessions including;
Lectures, tutorials, discussion, group activities, self-directed learning, practical workshops, assignments and project based learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks. To pass this module all tasks must be submitted and an overall minimum pass mark of 50% is required. .
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- - Two fully-equipped commercial kitchens and a production kitchen incorporating a range of
facilities and commercial catering equipment
- An operational commercial training restaurant
- Online resources accessible in all classrooms and in the restaurant
- Evidence portfolios
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.