To enable students to further develop, understand and increase their skill level and ability to prepare and present a range of meat, poultry and offal dishes in accordance with industry standards and professional practice.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Apply the skills and knowledge to prepare, cook and present a range of dishes associated
with a hot kitchen environment, employing basic and complex preparation and presentation
techniques in accordance with industry standards.
2: Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own
safety and minimise potential hazards for customers
3: Maintain appropriate standards of professional behaviour and practice in the workplace.
- - Further development of practical skills and cookery methods; basic and complex cookery
preparation techniques; preparation and presentation to include;
- Meat Dishes
- Poultry Dishes
- Offal Dishes
- Accompaniments and Sauces
- Health and Safety, food safety and security practices
- Professional behaviour and practice attributes: reliability, punctuality, communication skills,
teamwork, professional appearance, and personal presentation.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face to face and web-supported sessions including;
Lectures, tutorials, discussion, group activities, self-directed learning, practical workshops in training kitchens and restaurant, assignments and project based learning
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks. To pass this module all tasks must be submitted and an overall minimum pass mark of 50% is required. .
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- - Two fully-equipped commercial kitchens and a production kitchen incorporating a range of
facilities and commercial catering equipment
- An operational commercial training restaurant
- Online resources accessible in all classrooms and in the restaurant
- Evidence portfolios
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.