COMP701 – Advanced Networking
To enable students to investigate and configure advanced system administration tools, advanced network virtualisation and wireless networking technologies. Students will also research emerging networking technologies.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of Network virtualisation, advanced system and administration and Mobile Wireless Technologies.
Investigate, implement, configure and troubleshoot advanced systems administration and network virtualisation technologies.
Research and critically analyse new networking technologies
- -Advanced systems administration
oServer imaging and backup
oLinux networking services
oComputer Network scripting
oServer clustering concepts
oCloud infrastructure platforms
oMobile IP Virtual Private Networks
-Mobile wireless technologies
o2G, 3G and 4G cellular networks
oAdvanced WLAN configurations
oGlobal Positioning System (GPS)
-Research new networking technologies
oEmerging networking technologies
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, case studies, simulations, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management System
Computer Lab: Local Area Network with administrator rights
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually