Community Facilitation Practicum 1
To enable students to examine and apply the knowledge skills, values and behaviours relevant to the support worker role in the community facilitation sector. Includes 80 hours of work placement.
- Learning Outcomes
- Examine the structures, roles and responsibilities of the support worker in the community facilitation sector.
Apply knowledge, theory and models relevant to the community facilitation support workforce.
Apply interpersonal and intrapersonal skills and professional values and ethics relevant to the community facilitation support workforce
- -Community issues
-Community facilitation programme delivery
-Community facilitation support worker role
-Work practice experience
-Professional behaviours in the workplace
-Interpersonal skills (communication, engagement )
-Intrapersonal Skills (reflection, self-awareness)
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass this module, students need to attempt all components and gain an overall mark of 50%. Students must also meet all the requirements of the competency-based components, including 80 hours work placement. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based components
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Resources will be supplied via Moodle at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.