To enable students to develop established practices in drawing for visual arts and design.
To enable students to develop procedure and skill in drawing in 2 dimensions.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve inquiry based studio practice, online activities, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Develop a process for reflectively addressing visual situations
2. Develop procedure and skill in a selection of drawing media
3. Develop procedure and skill in observational and imaginative drawing
4. Identify and use established codes and conventions in drawing
- • Drawing as media
• Observational and imaginative drawing
• 2-dimensional composition
• Pictorial ideas
• Creativity in drawing
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Domain specific studio, presentation, and critique spaces
• Subject specific teaching and content expertise