Spreadsheets and technologies
To enable students to explore and use a variety of business technologies appropriately to support business activities, solve business problems and contribute to the achievement of a solution.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Obtain, reproduce and communicate information using business technologies to support
2: Create spreadsheets to solve business problems
3: Create, store and share documents using appropriate systems and software
- - Using technologies to provide customer service
- Technologies including Data and batch processing, electronic filing, Excel, Word, SAP,
iPads, smart phones
- Soft skills including working in a team, managing self, professional and ethical behaviour,
problem solving, decision making
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching methods will involve theoretical and practical classes including lectures, group work, online activities, workshops, simulation, case studies, projects and guest speakers.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass the module, the student must attempt any specific assessment components as specified by the Course Outline and must achieve a minimum 50% overall to pass the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Microsoft Office suite of applications. Computer accounting packages which could include MYOB, Xero.