BIBM794 – Applied Research
To enable students to carry out a significant research project for a host organisation on a topic in a field allied to their major and present a project report in conjunction with an academic supervisor.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate the ability to define, plan and carry out a research report involving the collection, analysis and interpretation of data and theory appropriate to an approved industry topic
2. Synthesise solutions and draw conclusions from the analysis of data
3. Produce a project report of professional standard that meets the host organisation’s needs as well as academic requirements
- • Research – proposal, data collection, analysis, presentation and report
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module. Students must achieve a minimum of 40% in assessment 3 to be eligible to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.