BIBM783 – Managing Business Growth
Managing Business Growth
Students will explore and critically evaluate the challenges associated with managing a small business aspiring to growth and the possible pursuit of international markets.. Students will apply entrepreneurial developmental frameworks in order to identify the key resources required to support business growth, including appropriate sources of support and expert advice in the NZ context.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Explore the issues to be managed around growth aspirations.
2. Devise and evaluate activities appropriate to managing risk for growth
3. Assess the range of managerial functions required to support growth orientated activities.
4. Investigate the application of entrepreneurial thinking and behaviours to growth activities
5. Assess the development needs of organisations wishing to enter international markets
- - Complexities in the growing enterprise
- Strategic processes associated with business growth
- Maintaining innovation after start-up
- Business harvest
- Tools and techniques available to manage and sustain growth
- Different leadership styles appropriate to each stage business growth
- Appropriate marketing strategies
- Sources of capital and funding to accelerate growth process
- Ownership issues
- International windows of opportunities
- Key operational concepts associated with global market entry
- Benefits and challenges involved in pursuing global business strategy
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in the final assessment of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.