BIBM781 – Advanced Human Resource Management
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Advanced Human Resource Management
To create an awareness of how human resource strategy and practice can support and be integrated with business strategy.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate an understanding of strategic human resource management
2. Identify the link between organisational strategy, business planning and human resource
planning (including HRIS) and in response, develop an effective Human Resource Plan
3. Develop a Human Resource Audit to evaluate the effectiveness of human resource
management practices, including health and safety
4. Evaluate the strategic importance of job analysis and the linkages to human resource
5. Design strategic recruitment and selection processes to support business strategy
6. Analyse the relationship between business strategy and staff development and rewards
7. Research and provide critical analysis on current challenges and trends in Human
- - Strategic HRM and contextual influences
- The role of Human resource Planning in linking organisational strategy to HR actions
- Different approaches to auditing HRM practice including benchmarking
- Job analysis and competency profiling in a strategic context
- Strategic recruitment and selection including the interplay of labour market analysis, and the
validity, reliability and utility of methods in the success of the employment process.
- The relationship between business strategy, rewards and staff development.
- Current challenges and trends in HRM
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.