BIBM780 – Business Transformation and Change
Business Transformation and Change
To enable students to gain an insight into the challenges associated with introducing change, especially strategic change in organisations. Students will learn how to examine the forces that impact on an organisation in today's business environment such as the pressures of deregulation, privatisation, social renewal, globalisation and other external and internal factors. They will be able to discuss issues associated with articulating a vision of strategic change, and the practical aspects of implementing change. The students will learn what it means to be a change agent in an organisation, and how to align business strategy, culture and management capability in order to match the level of turbulence within the organisation's operating environment.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Apply concepts, tools and techniques to organisation change, and identify how change
comes about, its constituents and its impact upon organisations
2. Critically evaluate the concept of strategy, the relationship between strategy and change
3. Evaluate the activities, programmes and tools managers employ to make change occur
4. Analyse the dimensions of leadership and their relationship to change and the challenges
inherent in implementing change
5. Evaluate the methods of measuring the progress and success of change programmes
6. Research the issues facing change agents in organisations
- - Perspectives on managing organisational change
- Discontinuous change and dilemmas of change
- Strategy and change
- New forms of organising and management of human resources as levers for change
- Leadership and power and resistance to change
- Measuring and evaluating change
- Change management models
- Appreciating change: mental and business methods
- Mobilising support and executing change
- Building change capability
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.