Contemporary Issues in the Hotel Industry
To critically examine contemporary issues in the hotel industry. The issues selected for study will reflect the dynamic nature of the hotel industry
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse and evaluate the complexity of key globalisation factors in relation to the hotel
2. Critique case studies in relation to current hotel industry issues
3. Develop innovative approaches to the management of hotel issues
4. Research selected contemporary issues and how they impact on the hotel industry
- - Global Hotel Industry
- National and International Hotel Development
- Hotel branding and marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Hotel Consumer Issues
- Destination Hotels
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.