BIBM739 – Event Project
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To enable students to plan, create, manage, implement and evaluate an event or event related project. This will involve self-managed responsibility, negotiated within agreed parameters of accountability, for delivery of outcomes as part of a project team and working with a client.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Plan, create, manage implement and evaluate a complex event or event related project as
part of a team for a client, agree outcomes, implement and evaluate the event
2. Manage time, prioritise and demonstrate capability to manage and order work tasks
3. Demonstrate professional codes of conduct as an emerging event professional in all
communication, planning and operational functions surrounding the event/project
4. Apply planning, management, marketing and evaluation tools and techniques to an event
5. Source sponsorship, resources and demonstrate effective and efficient liaison with
business partners, suppliers and stakeholders of the event / project
6. Work effectively as a member of a team, make an appropriate contribution to this team and
be considerate of the needs of fellow team mates, while remaining focused on industry
standard event outcomes
- -Leadership, motivation and empowerment
-Event evaluation processes
-Principles of groups and teams, team cohesiveness
-Importance of event ethics and social responsibility
-Demonstration of competence in planning and controlling event logistics
-Practicing sponsorship seeking, event evaluation, marketing, event operations planning
-Professional competency in working as a team member
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.