BIBM711 – Contemporary Issues in the Food & Beverage Industry
Contemporary Issues in the Food & Beverage Industry
To critically examine contemporary issues in the food and beverage industry. The issues selected for study will reflect the dynamic nature of the food and beverage industry.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Research, analyse and critically examine selected food and beverage industry issues
2. Develop innovative approaches to management of the issues
- - Characteristics and procedures of food and beverage operations
- Food and Beverage production management and produce development
- Alcohol evaluation, characteristics and styles
- Formulating effective promotional strategies to attain sales and volume targets
- Financial planning and forecasting
- Logistics and inventories
- Legal framework related to the food and beverage sector
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.