BIBM709 – Special Topic
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
This elective module will allow students to carry out research into a special topic in business. Students will present a research proposal and will negotiate objectives, learning plan, assessment criteria and time frame with a supervising lecturer and Programme Manager.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate an understanding at a higher level of a specialist topic along with the ability to
apply the underlying principles and concepts to a given set of facts
2. Self-manage learning by selecting and assigning priorities within restricted resources and to
organise work to meet tight deadlines
3. Defend views effectively through speech and writing
- Research a topic as agreed with the course co-ordinator:
- Collect data and information, prepare a report and present report
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.