BIBM703 – Advanced Management Accounting
Advanced Management Accounting
The general aim of this module is to provide you with advanced techniques and skills to be able to provide and evaluate accounting information, including its behavioural implications and contribute to organisational success.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Understand the role of management accounting in the contemporary business
from an operational and strategic approach
2. Discuss strategic cost and profit management across the value chain system in relation to
strategic cost management
3. Discuss contemporary issues of performance measures
4. Discuss and evaluate advanced management accounting issues in assisting strategic
5. Students will explore and evaluate the dynamics of management accounting research
- - Understand and outline the concepts of management accounting in the contemporary
business environment from a strategic approach.
- Discuss advanced issues in costing system in relation to strategic cost management.
- Discuss contemporary issues of performance measures.
- Discuss and evaluate advanced management accounting issues in assisting strategic
- Students will explore and evaluate the dynamics of management accounting research.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Basic of Assessment
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.