Sport Facility Management
To provide students with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to understand the requirements of managing sporting and recreational facilities. This module integrates theoretical knowledge and practical applications of facility management.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate a knowledge of the financial implications of managing a facility
2. Research, analyse and critically examine facility specific issues
3. Evaluate the viability of hosting an event within a specific sporting facility
4. Identify and suggest resolutions for Occupational Health and Safety issues surrounding
- - Industry placement
- Analysis of financial position of placement
- Maximising usage of off peak times
- Impacts of hosting tournaments versus weekly bookings
- Reducing risk exposure and optimising expenses with regards to OSH and ACC
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.