BIBM684 – Innovation and Creativity
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Innovation and Creativity
This module examines the nature of creativity and innovation within a business environment. Students will master a number of practical tools to aid the creative process, and learn how to use innovation to establish and maintain competitive advantage in increasingly unpredictable business environments.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Apply a range of creativity tools to the solution of business and organisational problems
2. Describe the nature of innovation and its evolution as a major force in business competitive
3. Identify and critique the key features of innovative organisations
4. Describe how organisations can nurture and evaluate various types of innovation, and
ultimately craft an organisation that will embrace innovation
5. Appraise models which manage innovation
6. Diagnose an existing business or organisation's current level of innovation
- - The need for creativity, invention and innovation
- Creativity and innovation tools
- Types and dimensions of innovation
- The innovation process
- Models for managing innovation
- Nurturing innovation
- Crafting an innovative organisation
- Innovation capability assessment
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment (3) of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for this module. ??
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.