BIBM653 – Market Development and Sales
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Market Development and Sales
To enable students to demonstrate knowledge of, and apply the principles and practices of personal selling, as used by organisations to develop long-term partnerships with customers, and the importance of personal selling to organisational performance.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1 Analyse the nature and importance of sales in today's market
2. Investigate and analyse the knowledge and skill requirements of personal selling
3. Develop and demonstrate the personal selling process, for a sales environment
4. Create a personal and territory management strategy
- - The Nature of Sales
Selling and Sales People, Building Relationships
- Knowledge and Skills Requirement of Personal Selling
Ethical and Legal Issues, Buyer Behaviour and the Buying Process, Communication
Principles, Adaptive Selling.
- The Selling Process
Prospecting, planning the sales call, making the sales call, and strengthening the sales
presentation, obtaining commitment, formal negotiations, after sale service.
- Personal and Territory Management Strategy
- Managing time and territory, managing intra company relationships, managing your career
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.