BIBM651 – Marketing Planning and Control
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Marketing Planning and Control
Students will produce an operational marketing plan for a market or business of interest.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Conduct a situation analysis
2. Develop appropriate marketing objectives
3. Formulate strategies and tactics to achieve the objectives
4. Design and monitor a marketing plan
5. Develop and evaluate online marketing tools as part of the marketing mix activities
- - Market planning
- Strategic marketing planning process
- Internal environment
- External trends and analysing markets
- Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Competitor, SWOT and situational analysis
- Setting marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Marketing plan, design a monitoring and control system
- Key performance indicators and financial implications
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment 3 of this module. They must also achieve a C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.