BIBM640 – Facilities Management
The aim of this module is to provide students with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to develop an understanding of facilities management within the hotel industry. Students will examine and evaluate key functions and responsibilities in the management and operation of specialised facilities, property and inventories.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Develop competence in application of facilities management knowledge, skills and
2. Provide understanding and practice in functional management in practical management
- - Facilities Management operational aspects
- Relationship of Facilities Management to Rooms Division Operations Management
- Facilities Management environmental issues
- Contract services for Facilities Management
- Health and safety issues in Facilities Management
- Safety and security requirements in the Hotel Industry
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.