BIBM632 – Catering Events Management
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Catering Events Management
The aim of this module is to develop student's knowledge and understanding of the importance of event catering to the hospitality sector. This module researches and critiques a range of event catering, and students will analyse the extent and type of planning required to implement and manage such events. Students will develop the necessary management skills required to organise, plan, manage, market and implement a specific catering event, ensuring both customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Research and critique the nature and types of events related to the hospitality sector.
2. Integrate the knowledge and skills to organise, manage and market catering events to
various target audiences.
3. Research and evaluate the nature of event catering as a marketing tool and as a planning
strategy for destinations
4. Maximise the economic benefits of catering events while avoiding or reducing costs and
5. Examine one event and provide an analysis of the impact of the events.
- - Issues in catering events management
- Planning, organising and running a successful catering event
- Exploring a range of catering events
- Sectors of the catering events industry
- Future trends in catering
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.