Management (People and Change)
Students will understand the factors that influence people and change management of an organisation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Evaluate the impact of organisational culture and the external environment on
2. Understand the influence of ethics and social responsibility on managerial decision making
and define sustainable development.
3. Apply leadership and motivational techniques and an effective delegation process to a
range of situations.
4. Apply two approaches to change management to an example of an organisational
5. Understand the planning and control processes as related to human resources and sales
and marketing and apply through examples.
- - Importance of ethics and social responsibility and sustainable development
- Leadership, motivation and delegation
- Approaches to change management and their application
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in Assessment 3 of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.