BIBM576 – Skills for Academic Study
Skills for Academic Study
To enable students to develop academic reading and writing skills that can be applied to their field of study.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Apply appropriate English language skills to an investigative process utilising English
2. Investigate and evaluate an area of interest, applying appropriate strategies to locate
3. Present a written report on this topic using grammatically accurate language and style
4. Present an oral report on this topic, with appropriate visual support
- - Retrieve, select and synthesise information on a selected topic
- APA Referencing
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.