Students will understand the factors that influence the operational and financial management of an organisation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Define the nature of business entities, compare and evaluate a range of structures and
describe how these impact on business performance
2. Understand and apply the principles of operations and accounting within a business entity
3. Understand the planning and control processes as related to operations management and
accounting and apply through examples
- - Purpose of organisations
- Management roles and skills
- Decision making and problem solving
- Management theories and perspectives and their influence on contemporary practice
- Organisational planning, implementation and control
- Organisational design and organisational structure
- Financial, data collection and analysis
- Risk management
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.