To enable students to apply communication knowledge and skills in the evolving context of New Zealand business.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify and discuss effective business communication principles and how they influence in
a business setting, including:
d. Non-verbal communication
2. Apply knowledge of interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain
relationships with internal and external stakeholders
3. Use accepted business practices to present information orally and in written format
4. Analyse how effective communication management influences organisational performance
- - Theory and principles of Communication
- Intrapersonal communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Group communication
- Organisational Communication
- Research skills
- Critical thinking (problem solving)
- Creative thinking
- Effective communication management includes use of social media and on-line forms of
communication, including use of basic business computing software
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment 3 of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.