Introduction to Marketing
Students will have a working knowledge of fundamental marketing concepts relevant to contemporary organisations.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Understand the concepts of marketing within different industries
2. Identify and analyse marketing environmental factors that impact marketing activities
3. Determine and evaluate information required for decision making in a marketing context
4. Demonstrate understanding of influences affecting buyer behaviour in the market place
5. Explain and apply segmentation, targeting and positioning concepts of a target market
6. Recognise the process of setting, monitoring and controlling marketing objectives
7. Evaluate and recommend marketing strategies and supporting marketing mix tools for a
chosen product or service
- - Marketing concepts
- Managing marketing information
- Understanding the business market
- Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Understanding consumers in marketing
- The marketing mix
- Managing marketing operations and strategies
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.