Students will research and demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge and skills of the law relevant to business.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate an understanding of the core elements of the New Zealand legal system and statutory interpretation
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of the law of contract and property law, and be able to apply these to different business contexts.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of consumer law and the basic principles of Torts, and be able to apply these to different business contexts.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of a selection of current legal topics affecting businesses.
- • NZ legal system
• New Zealand Constitution
• Legislation and statutory interpretation
• The courts (structure and jurisdiction)
• Principles of Torts
• Law of property
• Consumer law
• Contract law
• Law relevant to the business environment A selection of topics will be offered each semester.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment 3 of this module. They must also achieve a minimum of C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade in the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.