BEAU401 – Professional Nail Services
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Professional Nail Services
To provide students with underpinning knowledge and practical skills required to perform nail services to current industry standard.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate client’s skin and nails to establish clients expectations for a nail service.
Perform nail services.
Identify and explain the structure of the nail
- - Professional Practice
- Client consultation relating to Nail Services
- Nail services, Products and Tools
- Anatomy and physiology of the nail, hand, lower arm, lower leg and foot
- Nutrition for Nails and Skin of hand, lower arm, lower leg and foot
- Skin and skin related diseases and disorders relating to nails
- Reception and Client sales relating to nail services
- Business operations relating to nail services
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Student-centred learning Face-to-Face
E-learning (Moodle; Mahara) Work-based learning
Tutorials Industry trainers
Group activities Self-directed learning
Inquiry-based learning Project-based learning
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. To pass this module all assessments must be submitted and an overall pass mark of 50% is required. Students must also meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessment tasks. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based tasks.