ARBO612 – Contractual Tree Identification
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Contractual Tree Identification
The aim of this module is to develop students skill and knowledge in the identification of gymnosperms and angiosperms and in describing their characteristics, and environmental considerations for contractual purposes.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify specified gymnosperms and angiosperms correctly for contractual purposes.
2. Describe the use of rare and uncommon gymnosperms and angiosperms and their environmental considerations in the urban forest.
- - Less common and rare gymnosperms and angiosperms are examined for their use, and environmental considerations as an urban tree.
- A field visit is made to Eastwood Hill Arboretum.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50%, in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices