ARBO608 – Procurement of Arboriculture Contracts
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Procurement of Arboriculture Contracts
The aim of this module is to develop the students skill and knowledge in the interpretation and procurement of contracts for arboricultural work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Evaluate the legal requirements of work contracts, and tender documentation and conditions.
2. Procure an arboriculture contract and tender documentation with enforceable standards, and collate a tender for submission.
3. Document a Health and Safety policy for contractual purposes.
4. Formulate a work schedule for analysis, together with a site survey and reporting methodology.
- ? The basic legal requirements and status of contracts.
? Documentation and conditions of contract.
? Essential elements of contracts
? Communication systems and partnership guidelines.
? Contracts to meet specified arboricultural objective.
? Health and Safety policies/requirements.
? The setting of enforceable standards.
? Methods of communication and co-operation between the contractor and the principal.
? Tendering process
? Identification of tender documentation and tender conditions.
? Price work covered by tender.
? Preparing a tender for submission.
? Conducting site/document surveys and producing related reports.
? Preparing a work schedule.
? Performing work analysis.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices