ARBO607 – Notable Tree Valuation and Registration
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Notable Tree Valuation and Registration
The aim of this module is to develop students skill and understanding in the performance of valuations on trees of notable, rare, scientific, historic or protected status.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Interpret the characteristics and categories of notable trees and the justification process of granting notable status.
2. Demonstrate the valuation process of notable trees, and analyze concept of valuing such trees as a management and environmental tool
- ? Introduction.
? Comparison and evaluation of tree valuation systems
? The concept of notability.
? Tree valuation resources and research techniques.
? Field case studies.
? Evaluation of the concept of Tree Valuation.
? Environmental considerations
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50%, in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices