ARBO606 – Advanced Tree Valuation
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Advanced Tree Valuation
The aim of this module is to develop students skill and knowledge in the interpretation of tree valuation systems and be able to perform such valuations on common amenity trees.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Interpret tree valuation systems available in the Arboriculture industry, and critique their use as a management tool for planning and contractual agreements.
2. Demonstrate the use of valuation systems and analyse bias present in systems.
- ? Introduction to tree valuation.
? History and development of tree valuation.
? Introduction to STEM.
? Use of STEM.
? Introduction to Burnley.
? Use of Burnley.
? Introduction to ISA.
? Use of ISA.
? Formulating unit prices
? Category scores
? Evaluation of systems and categories of tree valuation.
? Use as a management tool
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices